The Curiosity Emerging Filmmaker Grant is a comprehensive opportunity exclusively for Jackson Wild Fellows, providing funding for a film project and 360-support during the production process. From start to finish, selected applicants will receive support from Curiosity's experienced team to create budgets, refine story, and learn about the editing and production process. This program is designed to give the participants an immersive experience in all aspects of working with a commissioner to bring their film idea to reality!
- Application will be open for all Jackson Wild Fellows to apply, including ACV.
- Curiosity will determine the budget available for this program annually and select any number of projects that fit within that budget.
- Proposed ideas should be compelling natural history stories including behavior, science, solutions, etc., located in any region of the world.
- Projects will be allocated ~ $1,000 USD per minute, in addition to full support of Curiosity’s team with mentorship and resources through the entire process, including post production and distribution.
- The ideal length for Curiosity premium content is a minimum of 13 minutes with a maximum of 52.
- Jackson Wild will oversee the application and selection process.
- Film would be available globally on Curiosity’s flagship SVOD service Curiosity Stream, as well as Curiosity Channel, the linear television channel available via global distribution partners, in total reaching more than 25 million subscribers in175 countries.